The shampoo Nioxin is a unique shampoo that cleanses the hair and removes toxins and dihydrotestosterone from the hair. Dihydrotestosterone is the main culprit in hair loss. There are eight Nioxin shampoo systems for different hair types. They perform various functions i.e. for the treatment of thinning hair, sub-nourished, down, sparse growth, slow, etc. Each is designed for specific needs that are evaluated according to hair thinning level (normal to thin noticeably thinned appearance), hair texture (normal, medium or large) or if the hair is natural or chemically treated. For a full review of the 6 types of Nioxin hair system products go to the Nioxin shampoo review page at Hold the Hairline.
The first four systems add volume to the hair and make them look good. They are intended for hairs that are beautiful hair, natural or chemically treated. System 5 and 6 provide moisture to the hair and make hair smooth and luxurious. They are particularly useful for medium and coarse hair. System 7 and 8 energize the hair and keep hair strands moist. They are useful for hair that is medium to coarse in texture and is also chemically enhanced
You can make the diagnosis for free here (www.nioxin.com) on the brand’s website to find out what the best treatment. Here is a video from their site:
The NIOXIN treatment consists of shampoo with deep cleansing anti-residue properties. Also realize that it also has beautifying effects in addition to anti hair loss effects. The ingredients will remove the excess toxins that are stifling the hair follicles. This build-up of toxins prevent the growth of hair and contributes to loss.
The Nioxin scalp therapy product is a scalp conditioner (yes, the conditioner is applied to the scalp to treat and no, it will not ruin luscious hair). The system also includes a scalp treatment, which is a finisher (leave in) scalp product you apply after taking a shower. Do not wash this off with water. Each “system” has its own finisher, designed to stimulate and protect the scalp. The best selling product in the kits is the Nioxin Intensive Treatment Hair Booster, it stimulates hair growth in thinning and bald areas. Use this and liberally apply it all over the scalp for the best results.
How to use Nioxin Hair System
- The Nioxin shampoo, like all others must be applied first by dropping it into the palm (the equivalent of a teaspoon, two at the most, it is very concentrated).
- After rubbing the hands together you’ll make a thick foam that can easily be dispersed through the hair.
- You should leave the shampoo in for about 5 minutes, letting the anti hair loss agents work their magic. It will feel a bit tingly and cold, but that’s how it is supposed to work (it has mint in the composition of ingredients).
- For long hair people, Nioxin is used in very much the same way, but remember you don’t need to use the shampoo on the hair ends. Focus on the scalp. When using a different shampoo you can wash the scalp AND the hair ends.
- After rinsing well, use and apply conditioner on the scalp. Leave it in for about 5 minutes or more time like with the shampoo. It is okay to use the conditioner on the hair ends as well because this will amplify the appearance of your head of hair.
- After that, use a towel to remove excess water and pat the hair semi dry.
- You’ll then finish by applying and leaving in the scalp therapy product which is the last in the three step series.